Vitiligo is a skin condition that leads to the light and black patch of skin discoloration. Although Vitiligo usually affects the skin, it can affect any area of the pigment, for example, a person can develop white hair patches.
Vitiligo is not an infectious situation, nor is dangerous for life, but it can definitely change the life of a person on the basis of distorting the skin, it can affect a person’s self-esteem, for example, If it covers their faces or other noticeable areas. People probably do not want to go that there are large groups and they can also develop depression due to this.
When cells die which produces melanin, this causes vitiligo. Melanin gives color to skin, hair and even their eyes, so when cells stop pigment production it does not make a light patch or any pigment.
Although it does not fully understand why these cells die, there are some principles.
- It can happen with an auto-immune, where the immune system attacks the cells.
- Genetic issue.
- Trigger phenomenon like sunburn or chemical reaction.
Apart from that eating too much, fried, spicy, unhygienic food, in addition to eating unnecessary food (like salt or fish with milk), it is more likely to have this problem. So eating right is different for vitiligo treatment –
What to eat during Vitiligo?
- Eat Non-salted wheat, millet, barley bread, barley porridge, old rice, moong, lentil dal food.
- Eat spinach, fenugreek, beta, green vegetable, horseradish, ginger, garlic in the vegetable.
- Eat papaya, pomegranate, amla, seasonal, dates, walnuts in fruits. Drink buttermilk or carrot juice after morning and evening meal.
- Regularly eat gram dal, gram bread without salt for few months.
What not to eat during Vitiligo?
- Do not eat new cereals, heavy, rich, fried, salted peppers-spicy foods.
- Do not eat the pickle, vinegar, curd, tamarind, and lemon.
- Avoid eating non-vegetarians, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Do not eat potatoes, sugarcane, onion, butter, milk, berries, sweets, bananas.
- Do not consume milk and fish or milk and meat together.
- Do not eat sesame seeds, good milk too.
- Eat less sour things like lemon, orange, mango, grapes, tomatoes, amla, chili, flour, cauliflower, urad dal etc. Do not eat things which enhance heat. Eat less of non-veg and fast food. Avoid the use of soft drinks.
It is often said that eating the right food in right quantity is a key element to have a healthy life that may prevent many diseases and hence, one should focus and emphasize on their food intake.