Selecting a home care provider for your parents can be an emotional decision. You might be willing to pay the asked price, but it’s important to be careful. The service industry is extremely unregulated, and there are many scam companies around. While some just hire random people as caregivers, others have a bad reputation for poor services. Below are five tips that will help in searching for the right in home care Oakland CA.
- If you are unsure of where to start, seek services references from your family and friends. You can also check for local services on the web, but do read a few reviews and feedback from other people before taking the final call.
- Review the fundamental aspects. Is the company licensed? Can they offer 24-hour services? Can they provide assistance with all kinds of emergency conditions? Will the company discuss the qualifications, certifications, experience and training of their caregivers?
- Home care services can vary in their approach and range of assistance. Make sure that the company has flexible policies so that you can seek help as required. Besides general care, the concerned Oakland home care service should also offer help for appointments and other chores.
- Pricing is one aspect that many people are concerned about. While a discount is always welcome, it is best to choose a company that holds good reputation in the market. Their pricing policies should be flexible and transparent, with options for hourly and daily rates.
- Some service providers also work with insurance companies and can help in your paperwork and other tasks. Check if the company can contact the insurer directly to complete the related formalities and paperwork.
Not to forget, you need to visit the office of the concerned service to know their work policies. Check for a reliable company for home care assistance Oakland now!