If you lack that perfect smile, probably you should consider visiting a cosmetic dentist. Cosmetic dentistry is a specific branch of dental science that mainly deals with the aesthetic improvement of teeth shape, size, and overall appearance. In last two decades, the treatments have evolved and developed significantly, and most of the procedures are safe and effective for young and old alike. On your first appointment with a cosmetic dentist, there are a few questions you should ask. Here’s a quick list for your help!
- Can you tell about your background? Every dentist is NOT a cosmetic dentist. You need someone who is experienced and trained for offering such procedures. Don’t shy away from asking questions related to the work experience and background of the dentist. Also, there are a few bodies that offer accreditations for cosmetic dentists, which can be an added thing to check.
- What are my treatment options? Dentists often offer more than one treatment option for patients, depending on the expected results. On your first visit, you need to know what may work for you and why. For example, if you go for teeth whitening, your dentist may suggest an initial cleaning procedure to enhance the final look.
- What about costs and sessions required? Depending on the treatment, you may need at least two sessions with your dentist. It is wise to get a complete idea of the costs involved, so that you can plan the finances. For the same results, the treatment costs can be different, owing to different procedures. For example, the cost of metal braces is much lesser than Invisalign Las Vegas, although both techniques are meant to align and straighten teeth.
- Will you explain the procedure? Ideally, a dentist should explain the overall treatment to the patient in advance. He will help you in understanding the overall results, so that you can have realistic expectations. As required, you may also ask for ‘before & after’ photos of other patients.
- Do you offer emergency dentistry services? In rare cases, you may need your cosmetic dentist for an emergency procedure or treatment. Look for clinics that can offer such services, irrespective of the costs and charges. Also, if the cosmetic surgeon can take care of the generic treatments, it can be a bonus, especially when your teeth need to be fixed ahead of a cosmetic procedure.
Check online now to find a few reputed dental clinics in your area!